THE HUB KAREN “SHOP AND WIN A TRIP TO DISNEYLAND PARIS” PROMOTION
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- We will have a shop and win competition with the grand prize being a trip to Disneyland
Paris for 4 Days / 3 Nights for a family of four which will be redeemed within four
months after announcement of the winner.
- The next prizes will consist of two winners who will stay for two-night stay at Fairmont
Mt. Kenya safari club for a pax of two.
- We will also have other prizes to be won such as TV, Fridge, microwave & giveaways,
and many more that will amount to a total of Kshs 150,000 as our secondary prize.
- The campaign will run for two and half months for us to get as many participations as
possible with a tentative launch date being 15th November 2022 to 31st January 2023.
- The final draw will be done within 15 days after the end of the campaign and winners
shall be notified via phone, email and social media.
- The grand price and other giveaways must be claimed within four months after the final
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
Shoppers will be required to spend Kshs 2,500 and above from any outlet within The
Hub Karen to be eligible to participate in the shop and win, which will correspond to one
Shoppers can submit as many entries as they wish and will not be limited to the number
of times as long as they spend above kshs 2,500 shillings.
Shoppers will be required to show proof of purchase (receipt), at the information desk
for verification before entering the details to the microsite.
The information desk assistant will determine that the receipt is valid by checking on the
date, shop and quick physical verification of the goods or services purchased by the
shopper to declare the receipt valid.
The information desk assistant will give the shopper unique number which will be
written down at the back and stamped at the back to prevent double submission with
one receipt. The stamping will also make the receipt valid for submission to the final
After the verification of the receipt, the information desk assistant will load the
customer details onto the microsite for registration using the iPad which will be in place.
Shoppers can either choose to load their details on their own to the micro site including
the unique number or read aloud to the information desk assistant who will fill in the
details on their behalf.
The registration details will entail: Submission date, shopper’s full names, Phone
number, ID number or passport number, shop visited, amount spent, and general
This data will be used for verification and reconciling with betting on licensing Control
Board of Kenya during the draw.
Once the details are logged in by the information desk assistant, the shopper must
surrender the receipt, which will be loaded into a sealed clear Perspex raffle box for the
The raffle box will be stored and displayed at the information desk in full glare of the
public to prevent any tampering with the submissions.
The final draw to determine winners will be done at The Hub Karen on 11 th February
2023 after the end of the campaign which shall end on January 31st, 2023.
The method for selecting the winners shall be determined through a lucky dip, which we
will invite a random shopper to hand pick the receipts inside the raffle box Infront of
Only one receipt will be selected by the random shopper for the grand price. The
selection criteria will also apply for other giveaways.
Winners shall be contacted by phone from our office phone line 0702 120 120 and
requested to share their photo to be posted on our social media pages within seven
days after the selection.
An official email will also be written to all winners informing them of their win which will
be written on our official letterhead and emailed from firstname.lastname@example.org within
seven days of the final draw.
The winners should present the following documents before being awarded the prize.
1. Copy of the email letter shared from The Hub Karen informing him/her of the win
2. Original ID card/Valid Driving license/passport.
3. The prices must be utilized within 3 months after they are awarded.
“SHOP AND WIN A TRIP TO DISNEYLAND PARIS” PROMOTION TERMS AND CONDITION
We know you would rather be planning your next holiday than bother with terms and
conditions, but it is important to read them all to ensure your entry is valid and to be within a
chance of winning a holiday!
The following conditions apply to the redemption of the shop and win a trip to Disneyland
Paris holiday prize and other prizes and giveaways.
By entering the competition, you confirm that you have read, understood, and agreed to these
terms and conditions.
How to Enter and Eligibility for Entry
- The competition closes 23.59 GMT 31/01/23 and any entries received after the closing
date and time will not be accepted.
- The prize draw will take place on 11th February 2023.
- This competition is not open to employees of The Hub Karen Management Company
Limited (The Hub Karen Management).
- By entering the competition, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and
give The Hub Karen Management permission to use your entry for marketing purposes.
This includes but is not limited to announcing the winner’s name.
- Determination of Winners for a trip to Disneyland Paris and other prize and giveaways
can lead to disqualification or annulment of the prizes if any entrant is suspected to
have breached the above terms and conditions.
- An employee from The Hub Karen Management will contact the winner via the email or
phone number provided with their entry, within 15 days of closing.
- The prizes must be collected within 48 hours of being notified, after which the
management reserves the right to select another winner who will receive the prize.
- The Hub Karen management will not accept responsibility for late responses.
- The prize can only be redeemed by the winner.
- The Hub Karen reserves the right to request a brief review of the experience with
pictures, which may be featured on our company blog, social media or other advertising
platforms selected by The Hub Karen Management.
Win a trip to Disneyland Paris holiday details.
- There is one (1) “Disneyland Paris Holiday” prize consisting of: A complimentary three-
night stay in a 4-star Disneyland hotel in Paris. PLUS, return flights from JKIA to Paris.
- The winner may choose three (3) family members for the Disneyland Paris Holiday prize
and must be the lead traveler.
- The winner and their companion must travel on the same itinerary.
- The Disneyland Paris Holiday prize must be redeemed and booked within four months of
the announcement of the winner.
- Once booked, the prize cannot be changed.
- The winner to collect the ticket once they have secured France visa within 4 months of
announcing the award. If the winner was not able to do that, the ticket will be passed to
- If the winner wishes to cancel or amend their booking, the winner shall pay additional
- The prize is subject to availability and black-out dates apply.
Please note that the winner will need a current and valid credit/debit card with
sufficient available funds to check in at the winner’s chosen hotel for security deposit
There is no cash alternative to the Prize and there is no alternative Prize if the winner is
unable to travel for any reason.
The Prize is non-transferable and is to be used by the winner only.
It is the responsibility of the winner to:
1. Organize and pay costs associated with obtaining visas for the travelling parties,
2. Ensure that the travelling party is adequately insured including without
limitation covering overseas medical costs.
3. Ensure that the travelling parties adhere to the travel itinerary and other
relevant safety instructions as set out by our appointed travel agent (Lets go
It is the responsibility of the winner to inform the travel agent (Lets go travel Uniglobe)
of any wheelchair or similar access requirements for the winner and/or their family
members when taking up the prize, and to adhere to any applicable health and safety
The winner is responsible for ensuring that they and/or their family members adhere to
visa entry requirements to the chosen destinations and have valid passports.
The winner is responsible for adhering to local laws in the chosen destinations including
the legal age limit for buying, drinking, and possessing alcoholic beverages.
The hotel voucher excludes:
- Lunches and Dinners: Available upon request at a separate charge
- Tips and gratuities
- Items purely of personal nature
- Any other item not mentioned in inclusions
- Upon booking the prize, the winner will be bound by and subject to the Terms and
Conditions of The Hub Karen Management under ‘Shop and win a trip to Disneyland
If any act, omission, event, or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable
control of The Hub Karen Management and which prevents The Hub Karen
Management or the appointed travel agent (Lets go travel Uniglobe) from complying
with or fulfilling any element of these Terms and Conditions, The Hub Karen
Management will not be liable or responsible in respect of such an event.